It's difficult to stay positive when you have been on the search for the perfect job for 2 months with little success. I have sent out countless resumes, which is a job in itself, and have not received much feedback. I know that I am capable of finding my dream job in this amazing city and I know that it will turn up; it's frustrating though that it hasn't already. I got a part-time job at at froyo shop just across the street which is good just to occupy some time and to make a little cash (since my finds are running extremely low). I enjoy it a lot, it reminds me of my time at Carrabba's which was one of my favorite jobs other than my internship. So although I am still looking for a career-type job, this is proving to work well for me now!
On a better note, my birthday is in less than two weeks! I will be turning 22 and even though there isn't much exciting about that age, it's still a birthday; and let's be honest... who doesn't love birthday's?! For my birthday, my wonderful boyfriend is flying out to spend six days here and the family, Benjamin and I are going up to Napa for a few days of relaxing, good food and wine tasting! Then back to the city for some touristy stuff and a beach day! I can't even explain how excited I am to have him here with me, even if it's just for a few days. :)
I wish I had more exciting things going on to write about but sometimes there just aren't words to describe feelings. I through stages of happiness when I am spending time with my family, when I am outdoors or talking to friends. But also times of loneliness when i think about everyone I left behind in Arizona. The adjustment of the move has really been sinking in lately. I know that moving out here is what was best for me and I truly am loving my time here but I do miss how things used to be when I was living in Flagstaff with my best friends. I miss my girlfriends, some of the best friends I've ever made and who I still talk to regularly that can always make me smile. I miss my boyfriend who's been there for me, seen me at my best, my worst and my craziest, and still loves me all the same. We can't always change the circumstances of a situation, but we can change our attitude. Staying positive, no matter how hard it can be sometimes, is my only option and how I choose to go through my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment