I booked a flight to visit my college town in October, thinking that would be the next time I came back for a visit. I didn't realize how hard it would be to stay away while I still had so much connecting me to the city. So, I booked a flight to come out for a few days to see the man I love as well as some great friends who have impacted my life in a truly wonderful way. Being back feels so natural and so normal even though I have been done since June. It's amazing how after spending four years in a place can make such a large impact on your life. You don't realize how much college has changed you until you leave I suppose.
Before getting to Flagstaff, I flew over San Francisco and thought: "this is home! It's such a gorgeous city". Then as we were flying into Phoenix, it was a different thought: "I can't believe this isn't home anymore". It was hard for me to think that I don't have much connecting me to the city anymore and that I can no longer call it my home. But then... I stepped off the plane to 106 degrees and I didn't miss it much! Getting on the plane to Flagstaff was strange. I didn't know what to expect. I was unsure if it was going to be hard or easy to come back and visit. It is weird to be back and have a few people not here, but it feels extremely natural to me. Which I believe makes it harder because now I have to say good-bye again until next month and the first time was already difficult.
With my vacation coming to an end, I am having so many mixed emotions. I am not ready to leave because Benjamin is here and it has been nice to have that "college student" lifestyle again; but I do know that I have a life waiting for me in San Francisco. With an interview coming up I have more to look forward to than just going back to my part-time job. I know that I have a purpose to being in California instead of doing what was easy and comfortable to stay in Flagstaff. Returning to Flagstaff has been amazing and has reminded me why I loved college here so much, but leaving is going to be almost unbearable. At least I know there is a next time quickly approaching.
No comments:
Post a Comment